Monday 6 June 2011

Hunting the Broad billed Sandpiper,and adventures in Holt!!

Sorry havent been able to write just recently have been a little bit busy.
Its been a good week weatherwise, although still windy,we had a good Bank Holiday weekend, went on a lovely adventure!!Me being me and my birthday being late in the year I needed a little something mid year to look forward to, so a friend suggested another birthday like the Queen!!!so we suggested 29th May, which is always going to be around the Bank Holiday,bit hectic regarding visitors about, but never mind, we have to put up with these little difficulties living around The Broads!!Our little adventure started off by passing every single place I had ever visited, in our area of Norfolk( well almost slight exaggeration there)coming up to Holt, I couldnt think what the surprise could be, but, we didnt go through Holt, we stayed there and went up some little side road,and then I started to get an inkling as to what it was, I had always wanted to go on the steam train, from Holt to Sheringham,the Poppy Line, and lo and behold we took a *sharp* turn into the Railway car park, I was so chuffed(get it!!!!) sorry,
We spent the day near enough on the Poppy line steam train, getting on and off where and when we wanted, the stops on the way were, Weybourn, a pretty,  old fashioned station, where we got off and had a lovely walk and sat and had a picnic, by a little pond full of tadpoles, and Dragonflies and Damselflies, and then we went to Sheringham, a bustling seaside town, lots of Holiday makers  being the Bank Holiday, we walked along the sea front, and onto the beach for a little while , as we had to hurry back for the train,which was quite full, so we had to stand.,I think lots of people just stayed on the train and journeyed back and forth all day,which was a pity , later that afternoon we got the last steam train back to Holt, we had had a lovely day, but it didnt finish there, we popped along the coast to Cley, and had a look in a couple of the Bird hides at the reserve, lots of waders about, so I practiced my I.D. skills.
During the week we went Broad billed sandpiper hunting, along Breydon, I lucked out a couple of times, all I could see from my friends scope was a little dot!!but he managed to see it later in the week, which is good.If it hangs around Breydon, I may try again!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi LittleMiss, Glad you enjoyed your "official" birthday with the choochoos. Sorry to hear about your dipping on the BBS. I'm sure your luck will change soon. I certainly hope so!!!

    ReplyDelete