Friday 18 January 2013

Visitors in the snow

A few more inches of snow fell today, we have been lucky so far and havent had that much.Went out and kept the bird table and feeders topped up.Filled the water bowls, and wandered down to the dyke at the end of the garden, it was so peaceful, the snow seems to deaden all sound like a big blanket of white, a few little rustles in the bushes and clumps of snow drop from the branches of my Dragon Willow above my head, I glance along the ditch, hoping for a sighting, maybe of a Water Rail, or Moorhen, searching for a morsel in the undergrowth and ice free water , but no such luck.
Recently I ve had a lovely song thrush taking up residence in my garden, taking a liking to the suet and mealworm pellets , also a Jay dropped in for a little while. I did have a sighting of a bird I couldnt recognise, small Robin size pale Grey white front, and brown grey back, not a blackcap as no cap, any ideas anyone? Had lots of long tailed tits, and a coal tit.
Hoping this weather doesnt carry on too long, feel so sorry for the tiny little birds trying to survive the harsh winds!

No comments:

Post a Comment