Wednesday 14 October 2015

Caister on Sea Wildlife Walkers

Very original title there I was hoping for something a bit more Norfolk!!! incorporating the words Troshin, ie walking like Do yew go a troshin boi?
Well im back and needles to say been doing a bit of walking, I started a little group discovering country lanes  around Caister on Sea where I live, the first walk was a couple of weeks ago.We started at the blue walk bridge over Caister Bypass, it was a glorious day, we got 7 people altogether including me, we followed the back path past the paddocks off of West Rd, There were still a few butterflies about and one or two Dragonflies mostly Darters but there was a Southern Hawker I believe, there were speckled wood and comma butterflies. The hedgerows were laden with fruit, Blackthorn Elderberries, Blackberries, Rosehips, and also Gages, which were quite sweet, We carried on to the end of the path, and at the cross roads at the bottom of Clink Hill turned on to the concrete path to the river, it was lovely and warm and there was a gentle breeze, we stopped to look at the trees, ash trees were laden with bright yellow seeds, they glowed in the distance.like huge bunches of dripping yellow blossoms.When we got to the river embankment we stopped for lunch, I took along strawberries as a treat. Sat and chatted for a while then wandered back
On the way back along the concrete path a noticed a newish sign with an arrow showing an unknown path I hadnt noticed before, decided to save that one for later.Well that was the first walk and there may be more , a couple of us were seasoned walkers but some werent and I was worried I had taken them on too far a walk, they may want to carry on we ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment