Monday 14 February 2011

Lots of happenings!

Well lots of happenings, a lovely day out at Hickling reserve, my old work place, lots of lovely memories flooding back, lots of work going on with new flood defences,looks a bit odd at the moment but its all for the best!!Had a lovely trip to Stubb Mill went and had a good look round inside, beautiful old mill, John took us inside and told us the histyory of the place, all very interesting, then we all went for a delicious meal at The Greyhound pub,well cooked homely food, with lots of lovely friends the BA vols!!
This Sunday was our monthly bird count again, it does come round quickly,a Smew was seen on Filby just after we left after our count, typicall, sorry 2 Smew were seen!! At Ormesby Little possible sighting of Peregrine,
Task today, Monday, lovely easy day, tidying up at Filby boardwalk, then went for a stroll at Filby common, probably be working there soon, clearing some scrub maybe.
Nearly fell off my chair the other day sitting watching the birds on my feeders and I was so excited there flitting about in the bushes was a Firecrest, saw it for about a minute looked in my book to check and yes there it was a definite firecrest! !first for my garden!!great stuff!!!

Talked to the fisherman at Filby broad the other day and he showed us film footage of the lovely northern long tailed tits,  beautiful white faces, unmistakable , pictures were taken from his window overlooking peanut feeders in his garden in the middle of Gorleston!!Im so jealous, everyday I get about 20 of them rushing into my garden , and everytime I pray for that lovely white faced long tailed tit to come flitting in , but no such luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment