Tuesday 8 February 2011

What a beautiful day!!

Today it feels like spring has sprung!!It was cold and frosty thismorning as i walked into town, but soon became warmer, the sun was shining and the sky was blue, so, when I got back from town I decided to carry on with some gardening, didnt get much done last year, I am paying for it this year, weeds and grass everywhere.


I strarted by planting out my Frittillary plants they are already in bud, I may have made a mistake doing that early, as it has been so frosty thismorning, I hope they are tough, and dont succumb to the cold. Then the weeding began in ernest. Also I had to feed my gasrden birds, I had run out of Sunflower seed their favourite, so whilst in town bought a bag, they seem to be taking their time coming back though, as last week there were flocks of Greenfinches and Goldfinches decending on the garden, pigging out, and scrapping with each other.

I have been keeping a look out for some pretty little visitors Ive heard about who hang around with their cousins the Long Tailed Tits, a Northern Long Tailed Tit, which has a white head and breast. Also along Filby boardwalk some northern Mealy Redpolls have been seen, and at Burgh Common our old friend the Peregrine was spotted again, we usually spot it from either the Filby bird hide, or from Lily Broad .Some fifty odd Bewick Swans spotted at Muck Fleet.

Ive discovered my pond has a leak, there is abit of water in it, when I tried to fill it up it went back to the same level, so i have either got to replace the entire liner or , have a go at repairing it, can you repair it using bicycle repair kits, I wonder, will have a go, and hope I dont poison any of the Newts or Frogs!! Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment