Thursday 14 April 2011

Dragonflies at Upton.

I know I shouldnt say this but I am so glad not many people seem to go to the Upton reserve,if there were too many people there the whole ambience of the place would disappear,it is one of my many favourite places, in mid summer what a glorious place, Damselflies , Dragonflies, Butterflies everywhere, and if you are lucky you may see a Swallowtail Butterfly one of our Norfolk rareties,walking along the "paths" its silent, maybe soft  rustling of reeds in the breeze,stopping at the viewpoint and having a picnic, and then being surrounded by Damselflies alighting everywhere around you on the wooden posts, basking in the sun just like you, or even catching sight of a Swallowtail fluttering over the reeds.
My daughter took the photos of the Dragonflies , ill see if I can dig out some photos of the area so you can get an idea.we used to walk from the staithe at upton and along a country road and along by a field and then into a beautiful bluebell wood, that walk just about covers every single type of natural habitat you can think of.Heaven!!Cant wait for our summer walk there!

No comments:

Post a Comment