Friday 20 January 2012

Back to my beautiful sea!!!

Sunday 15th. January,up early today as it was BTO Bird count,at Ormesby Little Broad and Filby,an air of excitement is all around as Baby is about to be taken out on her first foray into the wonderful world of Bird count, Baby is my little scope, and she now has the use of a tripod!Yey!so no wobbling.Started off well, Ormesby Little had a nice few Ducks about, and lovely Kingfisher, and a distant view of a female Goosander, all very lovely.Filby was a bit more stressful, for me anyway, as i was a bit worried where my zones began and ended, but onward and upward, I did enjoy it and was a bit more confident with the scope than just binoculars.

In the afternoon had lovely treat of going to Alderfen, one of my favourite places, tiny little hide, and loads of birds and no people first thing but as the day became brighter so more people appeared, but got lovely views of Wigeon. I was hoping for an Otter as tyhere had been a sighting written in the little book, but no such luck.

Monday 16th January, felt a bit down,the day seemed to be promising glorious sun, so I packed a little back pack with drink and a chocolate bar, for energy, and decided i needed my sea, the place i go to when i need solace and a fix of happy peaceful places and memories, it was a cool clear sunny day with a gentle breeze, i set off my spirits rising already.I walked from Caister lifeboat to Scratby almost, on the curve near the big rocks i stopped and looked out to sea, and there slap bang infront of me was a lovely seal bobbibg up and down staring at me, holding a huge fish, Gulls were wheeling and crying above it hoping for a scrap once it started gnawing away at the fish. I stood watching for ages, then another smaller seal appeared nearby.Dragging myself away i headed up the beach toward the top path, it was a truly lovely day, all of a sudden to my right i saw a large flock of small birds, with a sudden flash of white as they wheeled around i realised i was looking at snow buntings, and typical for me i had forgotten my binoculars i couldve kicked myself.I stood and watched and listened to their quiet musical little trills, it was magical.I tried to get closer but somebody with a dog was coming along the beach and they moved farther away.I walked back down to the sea i started to do a bit of beachcombing and was very lucky beacause i found a lovely piece of sea glass, which i have recently started collecting.perfect end to perfect day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Little Miss,
    I agree - you can't beat a good bit of Seaside Therapy. In fact, I think I'll try some myself tomorrow morning! Don't forget the Snow Buntings will be around for another couple of months so make the most of them now.

    ReplyDelete