Monday 24 January 2011

Weavers Way walk .





This Sunday we decided to go for a walk in the countryside and take a picnic. We parked at East Ruston and walked along the Weavers Way, I have walked lots of little sections along the Weavers Way but this was one part that I hadn't. It was a bit of a murky day and cold but we were in a sheltered place. We decided to make our way to Dilham Lock  I have picniced there many times,  it is a lovely place and you can sit by a small weir and watch the water rushing through.We followed the canal all the way almost to Dilham church,the path was very muddy but we were wearing wellies so it was ok Not that many birds seen but we did see Canada Geese,some Pink Footed geese, and Mallard.near the canal along the way.

There was an opened up area just after the iron bridge ,and from this path you could see the wonderful old brick bridge,I took a couple of photos, unfortunately the camera froze, but I think one of the photos is ok, so I will download it.

On the way home just past Ludham, in a field was about 30 or 40 BewickSwans and Whooper Swans.

No comments:

Post a Comment