Wednesday 17 April 2013

Searching Horsey Dunes.

Last Sunday was a bit of a disappointing day, even though the weather was fine, I couldnt get out into my lovely countryside, but it did get better later in the day, it was a lovely golden sunny evening, bit breezy and a bit of a chill in the air, popped up to Horsey, searching for a lovely little bird i had never seen let alone heard of!!It didnt look too promising there was nobody to be seen and for something like this I suspect there would be a few people about.We hunted about and checked directions and that we were in the right place, but it was nowhere to be seen, but we were not downhearted, wandering about we found a promising looking little scrubby copse in a deep dip in the dunes, and lo and behold there it was, robin sized lovely black eyes, great views of the Red Flanked Blue Tail, what a lovely little bird, I was so pleased, probably the rarest thing I had seen, personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment